Sunday, February 26, 2017



For my 11th piece with the criteria (cubism, black, white and accent color). For this piece I decided to focus on the exercises on the pot have to do with cubism such as the elevated bottom and the angled handle. this is one of the coolest mugs I have made yet but is was not repeat not fun to work on. I throw this pot outside today in Jamestown in winter it was about 20 degrees which made it super hard to make because right after I stopped spinning the wheel the clay would freeze as well as my hands. But it also made it interestingly easy to finish the piece in a day because it made the pot feel like it was leather hard in like 20 minuets so I trimmed it in its frozen state then quickly brought it back inside and added the legs and handle before it thawed and turned back into wet clay. It so far worked great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment